Thursday, August 11, 2011

Boys Should Be Boys: 7 Secrets to Raising Healthy Sons

About a week ago I finished reading "Boys Should Be Boys: 7 Secrets to Raising Healthy Sons" by  Dr. Meg Meeker and I really enjoyed it! I went through it pretty quickly, which is unusual for me for a nonfiction book but I found it so interesting. I never thought about what parenting would be like for a boy and how it would be different from raising a girl. There are so many things I never thought of or realized, I guess since I'm not a boy!

I loved that the author of this book said things that were right in line with my values. She never comes out and says what her beliefs are, everything she mentions is based on her personal experience with all of her patients. She talks a lot about how boys need time with their parents and that they will never need more toys or material things, but they will always need more of you. She also talks about how important a boy's relationship with his father is and that they need someone to teach them how to be a man. It made me so glad to think that hopefully our son will grow up to be like my husband, who I think is the best man in the world! :)

Overall, I would definitely recommend this book if you are a parent to a boy(s). It definitely made me feel like a more knowledgeable parent and we could all use a little bit of that right? Gingerrose rating, 4 out of 5, really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.