Monday, November 29, 2010

The Yummiest/Easiest Chicken--Like take 10min easy:)

So, my mother makes this phenomenal salad with marinated mushrooms and red onions and cottage cheese, etc. I wanted a marinade for chicken so that I could get home from work and throw it in the oven and so I took the marinade from the salad recipe, tweeked it, and ran with it. I LOVED IT! So, here it is ladies. Enjoy!
The recipe needs 8-10 hours to marinate so you can prepare the morning of or night before!!
1 1/2 tsp. Poppy Seeds
3/4 c. Vinegar (I use Apple Cider and put in about an extra cap full)
1 c. Canola Oil (use a little less than the full cup)
3/4 c. maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp. salt (I think sea salt would be best)
3/4 tsp. dijon mustard
about 1-2 tsp. chicken bouillon (I use Organic Better than Bouillon Chicken Base)
I wouldn't put the marinade in the pan with the chicken when you bake it, just put the chicken in the pan and put about a spoon full of marinade on top of each piece. Bake until cooked through. (The maple syrup does have a tendency to dry out the chicken so maybe cook for a little less time that usual and just check every once in a while.) If you want loads of flavor, play with the amounts of spices. I think I will add poppy next time and turn the chicken in the marinade at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.