Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tomato-y Mexican Pot Roast

I have been loving my slow cooker lately!! I got a slow cooker recipe book from the library and I have so many that I can't wait to try. It is so nice to be able to quickly put everything in whenever my little one decides to give me a break :) and then eat it later on whenever he lets me have a break again.

We gave this a try tonight and it was really good, the roast came out pretty tender and the taco seasoning gave it a little spice. I would definitely make this again!

1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
6 oz can tomato paste
1 envelope dry taco seasoning mix
1 cup water
3lb beef chuck roast

1. Combine salsa, tomato paste, seasoning mix, and water in a bowl
2. Place roast in slow cooker and pour salsa mix over the top
3. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until beef is tender

(FYI, we halfed this recipe and it took about half as long to cook)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.