Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mage Gaurd of Hamor By L.E. Modesitt, Jr.

Synopsis: This latest installment of the Saga of Recluce series is about an exile, Rahl, who through many problems finds himself as the student of one of Hamor's powerful mages, Taryl. Rahl is a natural Ordermage, and is difficult to train, but is able to do things no one else can. He finds himself in the forefront of a civil war. He must prove himself, or get himself and those he is commanding killed. If he and his men fail, the Empire as it now stands would come crashing down. Only Rahl can safe it, if he can be trained.

Opinion: I have really enjoyed this book. It is very hard to put it down. The characters are great and the plot is ever twisting. I enjoy the fact that even though that this is a war, the author is not gory or give too much detail, just enough to make it good. I rate this 5 out of 5 and PG due to the violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.