I know this isn't technically fantasy, but it is lore and mythology. I happen to have my degree in the classics, so I do enjoy reading them.
The book is compilation of Roman myths about change. There are several stories included that range from sweet to the vengeful. It is roman literature, so expect the sex, violence and well just plain strange. But if you like mythology this is a great read, if on the heavy side. I get a good giggle out of it and enjoy it for what it is. I recommend this for the adult who is interested in Greek or Roman myth and for anyone who wants to understand many of the literary references made in other books and even movies. It is a fun education on the western mind. Chocolatelover rates this 4 out of 5 only due to the sex references, and as far as rating the stories range from G-R, but most stick to the PG 13 area.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.