I have fond memories of this Christmas classic. This was one of my Dad’s favorite stories and when I was growing up I remember always watching at least a few different movie adaptations throughout the Christmas season. One of my Dad’s favorites happened to be "Scrooged" with Bill Murray. It always kind of scared me even though it was supposed to be funny :) For some reason, this year I have been feeling a little “Bah Humbug” about revisiting this story. So, I decided to try to read it with a purpose, to actively search for deeper meaning and inspiration instead of just rereading a familiar story.
The primary message I took away from Ebenezer Scrooge this year is that we can always change. We can decide, if we allow the spirit of Christ(mas) to enter our hearts, to go to sleep a mean, grumpy, unfeeling miser and wake up full of happiness, charity, and good will towards our fellow men. If we find ourselves in a “Bah Humbug” mood we don’t have to accept it. We can change, do better, be better and find the Tiny Tim inside of us that is full of hope and ready to exclaim, “God bless us every one!”
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.