Thursday, December 30, 2010

Pineapple Curry Tuna Salad

I don't know about you all, but I ate entirely too many breads and carbs this past week! My body was definitely craving some protein, so here is one of my favorite protein recipes.

This recipe was inspired by a catered lunch I had recently while attending a boring seminar. I spent the entire meeting thinking about recreating what I had just eaten, it was so good! I know tuna salad can be a touchy subject and people definitely have their opinions on what makes it good (“only a little mayo”, “no a lot of mayo!”, “mayo? Gross!”) so of course, adjust according to your taste:

Ingredients:
1 (15 oz.) can pineapple tidbits
2 cans tuna (drained)
¾ c. sliced celery
½ c. walnuts, chopped
½ c. Miracle Whip Light (or mayo-like dressing of your choice)
1 tsp. Curry powder

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together. Enjoy!

I usually double this recipe, make a big batch, and keep it in the fridge for sandwiches or for when I need a protein snack. Also, it would be really simple to exchange the tuna for chicken or shredded turkey leftovers if you aren’t a tuna fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.