I made these cookies last night! They are a cherished family favorite, and lucky for you my Mom doesn't hoard recipes! She's allowed me to share this with you all, and you will be so happy she did! I'm not going to even try to tell you these are healthy, they aren't - but it's Christmas! And I believe in moderation, not deprivation. So enjoy one of life's simple pleasures, a Silver Bell. Merry Christmas!

Ingredients:
1 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix margarine, sugar and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt. Roll dough 1/8 inch thick. Use some festive cookie cutters to cut the cookies out, and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
For the glaze, mix powdered sugar, water and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add the water until it reaches a the right consistency (thin enough to brush on the cookies and thick enough not to spill right off of them).
Let the cookies cool completely and then brush on the glaze and decorate to your heart's content!
ps: I happen to know that Santa Claus loves these cookies ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.