Alright, so I have to give credit where credit is due - I adapted this recipe from one in Deceptively Delicious. If you're not familiar with the book, its premise is sneaking veggies into recipes kids will love. I'm not a big fan of hiding vegetables in food as the only means of getting kids to eat their vegetables - I don't think that it teaches good dietary habits (and Jessica Seinfeld doesn't advocate that either). But, if we can make recipes more nutritious without compromising taste, why not?! I love this recipe, and I know you will too. Its perfect for the holidays. I'm planning on making some Christmas morning!
(Serves 4)
Ingredients:
1 cup water
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (plus a dash or two more!)
1 cup pancake mix (store bought or homemade)
1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
Mix the first three ingredients in a medium bowl and then add in the pancake mix. Batter should be lumpy. Heat up skillet or griddle over medium heat and add vegetable oil. Use a 1/4 cup to make a small size pancake, a 1/2 cup for a large pancake. Cook until bubbles form and the batter is set, about 2-3 minutes; then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. Serve with maple syrup or any other topping you fancy!
These sound so good, I am definitely going to try them this weekend!
ReplyDelete