Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Luke chapter 2

It is so wonderful to read the record of the Savior's birth during this week in which we celebrate it. Having become a Mother this year, as I read it I ponder it more from Mary's perspective than I have in the past. Becoming a Mother is a huge joy and responsibility when you are bringing into the world any one of God's children, but to bring in His Only Begotten - to be tasked with raising the Savior - I can only imagine how overwhelmed she must have been. I would have like to have known her, for she truly must have been magnificent.

Also I've been thinking a lot about the shepherds that Gabriel visited. The thought has occurred to me that they too must have been pretty amazing people. I'm pretty sure that they must have been not only very righteous and obedient, but they were also probably preparing, waiting, looking forward to the time the Savior would be born. Why else would an Angel come to them to give them the good news?

And that thought brought me to this; the Savior is coming again! Am I like those Shepherd?? Preparing, waiting, looking for the Savior to come? I hope and pray that as I go into this Christmas weekend and throughout the coming new year, that I will be more like the Shepherds in that way - always remembering, and preparing for, Him who lived a perfect life so He could Atone for and Redeem us, so that when He comes again I'll be ready.

While we enjoy all this wonderful season has to offer, I hope we all will be a little more mindful of the Savior this Christmas. A good way to do just that is to read the account of His birth, and I encourage you all to read it with your families. I know it will bring even more Christmas cheer to your celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.