Spinach Pesto: (see original recipe here)
2 cups spinach (yep, spinach again! I told you I used what I had in the house;)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup nuts (I had almonds in my pantry that needed to be used)
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil
Place all ingredients in the food processor, and blend until smooth. Add the olive oil in slowly so that you get the consistency you want. You may need more or less than a 1/4 cup. Store in the refrigerator. This makes about a cup of pesto. (I plan on using the rest on some chicken)
Egg Pesto Melt:
1 egg
1 tbsp spinach pesto
1/2 tsp canola oil
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
2 slices of whole wheat bread (I used homemade, which added SO much to this recipe)
Whisk the egg and pesto in a small bowl. Heat oil over medium heat on a skillet or griddle (I recommend a griddle, it worked so great for this). Pour egg mixture, spreading it thinly and evenly (think omelet here). Cook egg for 1 to 2 minutes, then using a spatula fold into a square shape to fit on your bread. Place one slice of bread on the griddle, top it with half of the mozzarella cheese, then place the egg on top, then the rest of the cheese and the second slice of bread. Cook each side of sandwich for about 1 minute, until cheese is melted and the bread is toasted. Serve and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.