A green monster is a smoothie that has fresh spinach in it. Don't be grossed out! I promise you don't taste the spinach. And to further convince you that this isn't gross, I've made other green drinks before (like the one Dr. Oz did on Oprah) and hated them. I really like these though. I started making these for breakfast because I really don't think I've been getting enough veggies in my diet - and I'm eating for two, so it's important that I do. I'm nursing, not prego, just to clarify;) I have to say that I've been loving having one of these every morning and I hope you'll be brave and try one! I think these would be great for kids too, just don't tell them spinach is in it and I think they'd be pretty excited about the green colored smoothie! Here is how I've been making mine.
Makes one large smoothie
Ingredients:
1 heaping handful of spinach (I'd guess it's about a cup packed)
1 yoplait yogurt cup (any yogurt would do, I've been using berry flavored ones)
1 small apple, chopped
5 frozen strawberries
milk (just enough to help it blend, I'd guess about a 1/4 cup)
Place ingredients in blender in the order they are listed, blend until smooth and then if your blender has a puree setting, use that for a bit. There will be some green flecks in there, but it's no big deal, trust me:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.