I have been on my own with my dog for two weeks. So, I haven't been cooking much. I eat a huge amount less than my husband and so I can live on fruit and oatmeal for days at a time. And that is why I will not be posting a recipe this week. I just don't have anything new to contribute at the moment. Sorry about that. However, I thought that I would pull from my history of reading and share with you one of my first loves. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte was one of my first ever romances and I loved every minute of it. To this day I still prefer to read romances where the dad falls in love with the nanny/governess.
Synopsis: Jane is an orphaned child who has been sent to live with wealthy relatives who hate her. As a result, she is sent to a school for girls where she is raised and later becomes a teacher herself. She decides to take a governess position for Mr. Rochester, who she finds is a brooding, sad, brilliant man who cares little for the cares of society. They fall in love and plan to marry, but on the day of the wedding things go disastrously wrong. And that is where I am leaving it because I refuse to ruin the story for those who may not have read it.
I hope you enjoy it if you decide to read it. It is beautiful and classic. My Rating: PG and 5 out of 5 stars
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.