Growing up, my mom made up a recipe involving ground meat, rice, beans and ketchup that she called "Parkes Surprise". We had it at least once a week for as long as I can remember and my siblings and I loved it! Now that I am married, I've discovered that I have developed my own "Surprise" go-to recipe and thought I would share it. I usually just throw all of the ingredients together and call it a night, so I am just estimating quantities:
Ingredients:
1 lb ground chicken (or any ground meat on hand)
2 cups chopped zucchini
2 cups chopped yellow squash
1/2 cup barbeque sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbsp soy sauce
Directions:
Brown meat in a large skillet, then add rest of ingredients and simmer until squash is soft. I try to make this heavy on the vegetables, so I usually just keep adding veggies until the pan is full.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.