Well, all of the books I want to read right now are on hold at the library...so in the meantime I thought I'd share It's Time to Sleep, My Love. I've been reading this to my daughter before bedtime recently and I've just absolutely fallen in love with it. I mentioned this book a few weeks ago as one of the titles I snapped up at a big used book sale. When I saw it there I just had to have it, and I'm glad I spent the whopping $4 to bring it home;) It's a poem really, and it's obviously about telling you're little ones that it's bedtime. But it's done in such a loving and magical way. The illustrations are captivating and whimsical, you can get a taste of that from the cover. Even my little 9 month old can sit still (relatively) and listen and look and be enchanted by this book. I give this a 5 out of 5, I just adore this book! You simply must add this to your children's book collection. Here is a little preview for you,
"'So, go to sleep, my sleepy child.'
the tiger whispers in the wild.
The otter utters by the lake,
'It's getting hard to stay awake.'
'So, go to sleep , my love.'"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.