Thursday, April 14, 2011

Applesauce Chicken

Publix had chicken on sale for $1.99 a pound this week, so this week's menu has been full of chicken!! I decided to try out this slow cooker recipe because it had everything I look for: minimal ingredients, you put everything in at once, and it sounded interesting!

Ingredients:
1.5 lbs of chicken breasts
Salt and Pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 cup of applesauce (unsweetened)
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Combine applesauce, vinegar, & cinnamon in a bowl and pour over chicken. Cook on low until done (approx. 3-4 hours)

I served this with steamfresh veggies that you cook in the microwave, and it was so nice to have such a delicious dinner with such little effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.