Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Slow Cooker Glazed Ham

Ham's were on sale last week and so I bought one and looked for a slow cooker recipe for it. I found one at A Year of Slow Cooking and switched it up a bit. I think it turned out really yummy, so I hope you'll give it a try some time! It came out really moist, which is nice since the last time I made a ham in the traditional method it was dry. I served it with roasted potatoes and roasted asparagus. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
5 pound ham (I used a semi boneless, but I'm sure you could use whatever kind you'd like)
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon molasses
1 teaspoon dried thyme

Place unwrapped ham into slow cooker. In a separate bowl combine all other ingredients, then pour over ham. Cook on low for 6 hours. I basted mine several times during those 6 hours, just as I passed by throughout the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.