Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Children's Author: Lois Ehlert

We took a little trip down to our local library last week and picked up a few books for our daughter. When we got home and I read a few to her, I realized that two were from the same author and I hadn't realized it! I was obviously drawn to her books. Lois Ehlert writes and illustrates her books and they are simply charming. The illustrations remind me of the style of Eric Carle (The Very Hungry Caterpillar), simple, bold, bright, perfect for little eyes. The stories are sweet too. The two books I borrowed are Top Cat and Planting a Rainbow. Top Cat is about a cat who is dealing with a new kitten joining the family - if you have cats, you'll get a kick out of it. Planting a Rainbow is about a mother and child planting a flower garden. Both stories are written in simple short phrases (Top Cat rhymes), great for keeping the attention of little ones.

I'm giving these books and this author a 5 out 5, I'm so excited to have found Lois Ehlert! I know her books will be favorites at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.