Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Oven-Fried Pork Loin Chops

This is so yummy and easy! I mixed a recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook and something my little sister came up with. (She is amazing in the kitchen). I hope you enjoy it.

Ingredients:

Boneless Pork Loin Chops, cut about 3/4in thick
2 Tbsp. Butter
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbsp. milk
Black Pepper
1 C. Whole Wheat Flour
Corn Meal
Salt
(Whatever spice you have in your cupboard that tastes good with pork)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a large enough pan to cook however many chops you are using melt the butter. (I was just cooking two so I could put my pan in the microwave). Make sure that the butter covers the whole bottom of the pan. Use two shallow dishes for dipping your pork chops in. In one, mix the egg and milk. In the other, mix the whole wheat, corn meal, salt and pepper to taste. If you have a particular spice you love that tastes good with pork, add that. Dip each chop in the egg mixture and then cover liberally in the flour mixture. Lay each chop in the pan and then flip so that both sides are wet. Cook each side for about 10 min or until the inside of each chop is 160°F. Please be sure to cook the pork to this point as undercooked pork is extremely dangerous for your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.