Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cirque Du Freak: Living Nightmare by Darren Shan

I know this isn't my day, but I wanted to post anyway, I hope everyone doesn't mind.

Synopsis: Darren Shan, a High Schooler who is great at sports, loves Spiders and Horror stories finds himself with his best friend drawn into a secret freak show. The Cirque Du Freak was the first step into a whole new life for Darren or rather afterlife...

Opinion: I enjoyed this dark fantasy very much. It is geared for teens, it has humor and deals with issues that teens deal with, just add the supernatural twist. It is one of twelve books about Darren and his life as a boy and a vampire's assistant. The vampire concept is fresh and new, and even a little fun. I finished in 6 hours, I couldn't put it down and it is easy reading. It is a 5 out of 5 for Chocolatelover! Rating PG 13, it is about vampires after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.