Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cirque Du Freak: Vampire Assistant ; Cirque Du Freak : Tunnels of Blood by Darren Shan

Synopsis: Book 2 and 3 of the Cirque series continue with Darren Shan learning about his new life. Book 2: 18 months had passed since Darren "died". He is having a hard time adjusting, he refuses to bring human blood, and barely handles animal blood. He knows that he is dying because of it, but he wants his human side to remain, human. Meanwhile, he and Crepsley find a home with the Cirque du Freak and Darren befriends Evra, the snake boy. Darren learns about friendship, and what he must do and be to survive as a vampire and their world.
Book 3: One year has past since Darren's first drink of human blood. It doesn't bother him any more, but he and Evra and Crepsley leave the Cirque to go to the big city, where corpses drained of blood, start to turn up. Darren and Evra search the city over to find the one who is behind it all. Darren must rely on the power of friendship, love and learn to trust.

Opinion: I tore through both books in two days. Shan is very good at writing a gripping story, even if the plot is not super deep. The view of the vampire world is different than anything I have ever seen. It is very fun to read. It is a great series to teach friendship and introduce the element of "horror" to a teenager. What I like is that is can be freaky without being gross or nightmareish. I give these 5 of 5. And rate it PG- 13. There is still the element of horror and blood. I am looking forward to the rest of the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.