I meant to have started a new book this week so that I could have something to post, but unfortunately I could never seem to find the time. I did, however, decide that today was the day to go and visit a local bookstore that is just down the street from my house. (Unfortunately it is too far to walk, so I had to put my little guy in a car seat instead of walking there with him in a sling. That kid hates his car seat!) It has been so long since I have been in a bookstore that wasn't a big chain and it was so much fun! I don't know if the lady who owns it is really making much money, but how fun would it be to own a bookstore? I've always wanted to work in one, just so I can be around books all day.
This particular bookstore takes books to trade and offers you store credit in return. I brought a big hardback that I bought on clearance from Barnes and Noble awhile ago and could never get into, and another paperback that I had lying around the house. To my surprise, hardback books are redheaded stepchildren at this bookstore. Not only do they only offer 50 cents store credit for it, but you can see why when you look at their prices. They sell all hardbacks (except for new books) for 2 for $3.99 and you get two free when you buy two, so it ends up being four hardbacks for a dollar!
I had so much fun looking at all of the books and deciding what four hardbacks to buy. (There was no way I could resist a deal like that!). Of the four I bought, I think I am going to read this one first:
Excerpt from the cover: "Using intimate materials drawn from the unpublished diaries of American girls, The Body Project provides a lively and engaging story of how growing up as a girl has changed over the past one hundred years, and why the pressures on girls are now so intense."
Sounds good right? I'll let you know what I think next week!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.