Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Herb-Baked Eggs

I'm so excited about this recipe right now! I made it a couple of times last week and just love it. I found the original here at For the Love of Cooking. We just planted a container garden on my balcony and it's mainly herbs (actually it's totally herbs with the exception of tomatoes). So one night while my husband was at work and I needed dinner for one, I made myself this. You could easily increase the servings and make this for the whole family though. Great for breakfast or dinner, it couldn't be easier or tastier!

Serves 1
Ingredients

2 tsp milk
1/2 tsp butter
2 eggs
1/2 tsp fresh chives, chopped
1/2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste

Place oven rack about 5 inches from broiler. Preheat broiler for 5 minutes. Put milk and butter into broiler safe, shallow baking dish. Place dish into oven for about 1 minute, until milk/butter mixture is bubbly. Crack eggs into separate bowl (don't crack them directly into the baking dish, if you get shell in it, it's pretty much stuck there!), careful not to break the yolk. Take dish out of oven, pour eggs into it, top with herbs, cheese and salt and pepper. Broil for 3-4 minutes, until egg whites are set but the yolk is still gooey. Serve over toast, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.