I picked this book because it was assigned as my church's book club reading for the month of April and I am so glad I did! I finished it in two days and it was such a good read. (This book is by the same author who wrote Fried Green Tomatoes by the way). It starts off with a doctor giving the main character, a middle aged man, only a few month to live and what story isn't good that begins like that? In order to try to extend his life, he is told to get himself to a warmer climate pronto and through a series of lucky events ends up in the tiny town of Lost River, Alabama. Once he gets there, he befriends the local townspeople and ends up witnessing a Christmas miracle...
I really liked this book. It was easy to read, fun, and uplifting. It wasn't a deep spiritual thinker, nor did it have lots of twists and turns but it was a relaxing read. Gingerrose rating: 4 out of 5 stars, I really liked it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.